Sunday, March 15, 2009

Rants and Ravings

I thought I'd concretely share my rants and ravings in a timely weekly manner, as opposed to simply inserting them into my blog entries.

So if you screw a multinational company with bad professional advice, you should get a bonus in order to retain your skill?
"AIG executives to get $100 million in bonuses" (SF GATE) - so this is basically what the leaders of AIG admitted. They need to offer large bonuses to retain skilled staff (which led them to overstretch their investments to such an extent that the US Government has had to bascially nationalize their country...and we should, as taxpayers, offer them bonuses through our bail out money in order to retain them.
I'm not the greatest financial wizard, and I know if I made such mistakes at my job I'd be fired. The rich protect the rich. Maybe I actually am that pink commie I say I am. On top of this the great news is that Warren Buffet (the second richest man in the world) was only compensated $100,000 in 2008 - and he's the one who should be bonused in order to retain him. How's that for irony.

All Meat is good - especially the kind that can walk itself to the slaughterhouse. "Cows that can't stand up are barred from food supply" (SF GATE) So any creature that can make it to the axe is worthy of eating. I'm glad that we don't the bar too low in terms of food safety for the meat that we consume. And we do it in such a humane way: if you can walk to your death, you're worthy of being eaten. Otherwise it's just into the trash for you!

2 comments:

dbanoff said...

I've also wondered why we continue to insist that only the foxes are qualified to guard the henhouse.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Monte said...

Great Latin quote! Didn't know that one.

Here's a link (cut and paste) to discover it
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quis_custodiet_ipsos_custodes%3F