Sunday, March 08, 2009

Lent Bible Challenge | Day 10
March 7

I fool myself most days thinking how centered, compassionate and intentional I am.  In reality I'm swinging by the seat of my pants most times, getting from one place and one task to the next.  How mindful am I really of what I'm doing, who I'm with and the God I claim to serve in all that I do, think, say and am?  Peter and his friends are overcome in the passage by the awareness of how little they see and expect. Of course the
 real danger of deep water - is not that you might drown, rather it's that you might have to do what you say, you (we) just might have to change how we are and what we do and how we see based on what we experience of God in Christ from the beyond our margins and perspectives.  Peter gave it all up to become a fisher of humans.  He took a leap of faith, realizing it was all or nothing. How about us in our age of measuring the risk before we invest?

No comments: