Sunday, September 30, 2007

One Hour for Peace
Moday, October 1st
7:00-8:00pm
MacArthur & Lincoln
Across from 7-11
in Dimond Gateway Park
Come and spend an hour of your month to make a public statement for PEACE - peace in our homes, our families, our neighborhood, our city of Oakland and throughout the world. This isn't a moveon.org thing...it's an Oakland neighborhood thing began by Dimond/Laurel neighbors more than 4 years ago.
I spend more than an hour a day drinking coffee and waiting for my blog sign-in page to both down- and up-load...so the very least I could do would be to spend an hour a month asking, praying and publicly standing for peace. It's what I want for my family. It's what my faith says is the goal of all creation in Christ. It's what is missing!
See You Monday...and every 1st day of the month at 7pm. Check out pictures on Tim Chapman's blog of past gatherings....includes photos of me and our daughter. HERE.

No comments: