Thursday, September 11, 2008

Bumper Sticker of the Week

I was hanging out at Peet's Coffee in the Dimond after a morning of meetings spent (re)envisioning the website and meeting style/structure for our Presbytery and ran across this bumper sticker in the parking lot.
I'm always on the lookout for unique bumper stickers, and was spastically thinking all over the place about the church, the rapidly changing world we're living in and how there is such a disconnect between faith communities and the global community. Maybe you had to be there.  In any case the sticker hit me.  The message that it communicates.  The church can trick ya.  And so can lot's of other insitutions/organizations/communities.  And it's a risk to enter into community.  I found myself wondering what made the owner of the car want to express that the church had tricked them?  And how so?  OK too deep for this weekly - meant to be sarcastically funny bsticker post - yet it still has me thinking.

No comments: