Saturday, June 21, 2008

New Indian Food in the Dimond

Here's some snapshots of the exterior of the Shaan the new Indian Restaurant preparing to open in the Dimond on Fruitvale Ave. (next to Dimond Cafe). Can't wait. They even have applied for a liquor license to sell beer. It seems like exactly what some many Dimondites have been looking forward to a "nice" place where you can go with your family and even get a drink. Here'
s some photos of what I encountered today. Check out reviews of the Berkeley restaurant.

3 comments:

Corn Dog said...

You are the Super Sleuth! I can't wait until they open. Two word - Cholla Bhatura. Okay, two more word - chana masala.

Oz said...

Awesome, yes! I didn't even notice this while walking by a few days ago.

Monte said...

YES - LIKE THOSE WORDS. I also like
SIERRA NEVADA, PALE ALE, - not quite Indian, but very multicultural!

I'll keep trying to super-sleuth and even sneak inside the place for some sort of "inside edition" beaking cover blog story...unless you beat me there! :)