Friday, January 18, 2008

San Francisco Presbytery
Ordination

I've heard a lot of comments & questions from some people about the Presbytery Meeting of Tuesday night at which the community of Presbyterian Churches in the SF/Bay Area voted to approve a lesbian woman church member as ready to be ordained as minister.


It seems to be the end of the world for some, while others shout "Hurray," yet I'm most struck by comments from friends that are not Christian or church-going. They hadn't noticed and don't really care. For my thought process that's the comment that seems to be the most haunting.

Here's more of what's being said about the event and decision around the Bay Area and the Blogosphere:


SF Chronicle Article of 1/17
Oakland Tribune Article of 1/17
Presbyterian Church (USA) Website
More Light Presbyterians
That All May Freely Serve
The Layman
Associated Press
Decently and in Order (Blog)

2 comments:

Reyes-Chow said...

Thanks for putting together this list. Helpful!

Monte said...

My pleasure. I'm sure that they're more...just what I could find in the moment.