Saturday, January 19, 2008

10 Things I love about Oakland:: (3/10)
The Views

I think Oakland has some
of the best views of the bay area. My favorite is from the top of Kaiser Hospital (Oakland) - the top floors and the roof of the parking garage (see the slideshow for a peek). I love it because you have a 360 view of the city from the bay to the heartlands of Oakland to the hills, all from right in the thick of everything. It's my favorite too because I often go to the hospital to visit people suffering, sick and in unsure situations. Taking in the view on the way in or the way out of the hospital always gives me a zen moment of new perspective.



Other honorable mentions:

1. The view from the top of Hiller (Hiller highlands) - [photo 1]

2. The view from the top of Joaquin Miller Park - climb the steps to the waterfall.

3. The view from Aquatic Park.

4. The view of downtown Oakland from the side of Lake Merrit near Merrit Restaurant.

5. The view of Oakland in the thick of the Saturday morning farmer's market at Lakeshore/Grand.

6. The views towards the Bay and towards the valley from the section of Skyline Blvd
between Redwood Road and Lincoln (below Chabot).

7. The view of the Bay from the parking lot of the Mormon Temple on Lincoln Ave.
below 13. [photo 2] One of my favorite places to take a break from it all while sitting in the car listening to music.

2 comments:

Corn Dog said...

You included one of my favorites - the view from the Mormon Church parking lot.

Monte said...

I love it there! I love to get a slurpee at 7-11 and then head up there and drink it while listening to my ipod. Unlike you - I'm too lazy to walk it! I like it in the sun and in the fog with the changing light.