Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Gleanings from Week 1 in Paris

My family and I are in and around Paris for 4 weeks.  
I thought I'd post each week a short best of list to share what's happening with us in a humorous way.

Top 10 Quotes/Gleanings of the week.

10.  Freaky things happen with servers, email and flickr.com when you change continents.
9.  Never read a Michael Pollan book about food while traveling and eating on an airplane.
8. "My legs don't work.  You have to carry me." - either of the girls at any given point of the day. It seems as if they are experiencing repeated and spontaneous bouts of paralysis from the waist down.  Could me a new medical anomally.
7.  "The cuter the animal, the better they taste." - Monte reflecting on the beauty of duck rillettes.
6.  DPAM is indeed Kristy's favorite store.
5.  The Parc de Bercy is the best modern garden I've been to (and definitely the coolest wi-fi zone). 
4. The absolute best time and way to visit and experience Paris is by jogging through it at 6am before everyone wakes up.
3.  "All the kings and queens are dead.  Their castles are all museums now." Sophie reflecting on the Louvre.
2.  "Where's Claude Monet?" - Elodie visiting Monet's studio and garden at Giverny.
1.  "This is the best park in the world!" Sophie talking about the Jardin du Luxembourg (in particular the swing).

3 comments:

Corn Dog said...

ha! I LOVE #8 and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the pictures. They did make me a tiny bit sad. You all look so French and so happy. We have a weird (and burned out) little place compared to where you are now. Some day you will go there forever. I am afraid.

Sarah said...

The pictures are great! I agree with corn dog, "You all look so
French and so happy" sigh! Can't wait till you get back to talk about your trip! Take care! Hugs and kisses to the girls!

Monte said...

Lot's of fun, even in the rain. We're just missing you 2 Corn Dog & Sarah