Thursday, July 26, 2007

Haven't Read Harry Potter Yet?
Try another Novel
The Historian





OK - I haven't been able to get my hands on a copy of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows yet - my wife sleeps with the book firmly enclosed in her arms at night...not even a peek yet!





I just finished a great novel - The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova - a vampire novel focused upon History and the vocation of an Historian. It was a good read...not too bloody or anything (I'm thinking Lestat), but scary enough. There's a review and summary on wikipedia [HERE].

There's an audio review of the book on NPR [HERE].

I enjoyed the history (not that it's all 100% accurate)...but the book felt to me a bit like the Da Vinci Code throughout Eastern and Southern Europe, on the trail of Dracula as opposed to the Holy Grail. Great vacation reading.

No comments: