Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Eating in the Dimond

I finally ate at Shaan the new Indian restaurant in the Dimond on Fruitvale next to the Dimond Cafe last week. It was fantastic [here's a picture worth 999 more descriptive words]. My wife and friend and I ate for $50 (including drinks, appetizers and tip.) The staff was great, kind and helpful. The bathrooms are gorgeous (not common in the Dimond) and the wall mural is a nice touch. Plus they have chai tea for $1! They do need a larger waiting space though. Of course that's an emerging need in our transforming Dimond eating scene. I'm also including an upload of the menu below as images [click on the image to make it bigger]




Nama Sushi is now doing happy hour! 4-6pm Monday thru Thursday. $2.50 for draft beer - all in a setting in which the windows are not blacked out! Such a happy hour environment is exactly what many people have long dreamed of and longer for in our Dimond community. I'm looking forward to going soon. Maybe I can start scheduling my church meetings there?

2 comments:

Oz said...

Awesome post. I was unsure about going there, due to Yelp reviews, some complaining about prices. But since you posted a copy of the menu, I'll have to hit it up tomorrow. Intrigued by the nice bathrooms, too. lol

Sarah said...

So when can we meet you pick the place, Indian or Japanese!!