10 Things to Do
While You Wait to Vote on Tuesday
So I've heard non-stop the past few days about the long lines to expect on Tuesday, and the possibility to wisely go and vote early today to avoid the waiting. [yahoo news link] I've refused. I want to vote on Tuesday. I love the rush of going on election day, of participating in something bigger than me, of seeing all my neighbors serving as precinct workers - trying to not just get along but even work together - and I love getting that sticker and wearing it all day!
So I was thinking about 10 things that I (or you) could do to pass the waiting time on Tuesday.
10. Bring a snack to munch on while you wait: either chili (if you're for Obama) or ribs (if you're for McCain) [more online info]
9. Watch past SNL episodes to kill time on your iphone. [link]
8. Watch past Jon Stewart episodes on your hand-held in order to know how to vote. [link]
7. See how many Obama (or McCain) buttons you can covertly wear into the voting booth without being asked to take them off, or leave them outside. [Sacramento Bee Fashion Tips for Voting]
6. Look up the donation lists regarding proposition 8 in order to see if there are any neighbors in line that you can "out" for their political perspectives. [site] [spreadsheet].
5. Get a ticket, then go hunting using your personal helicopter while you wait for you number to be called.
4. Carry a chicken in a cage to see what response you get from others.
2. Either try to post as many mobile upload photos of other peoples pre-filled out voting card help/cheat-sheets as you can to facebook - or - twitter with other people in the room.
1. Fill our your immigration application for permanent residency in Canada or France - just to be safe. [Canada] [France]
Anyone have any other tips?