Friday, February 29, 2008

A Week In - or at least Around - Paris

My wife and I snuck off last week for 7 days in Paris visiting friends. Here's a quick slideshow of a few pictures of people, events, and places around Paris, Rueil-Malmaison, Poissy and St. Germain-en-Laye. We were lucky 7 days of beautiful sun - with nearly warm weather - and the beginning of spring.

Here's my highlights (in no particular order):

1. Hanging out around Montparnasse (my favorite Paris area!)
2. Eating Couscous in Montparnasse
3. The Coq au Vin I ate...mmmmm.
4. Spending a whole day with the most faithful follower of Jesus that I know.
5. Playing "mouchoirs" with my newest friends Hannah and Louise
6. Seeing Ianis - our godson
7. Discovering Poissy and worshipping with friends at the ERF there.
8. An amazing all cheese all wine apperatif dinner in St. Germain-en-Laye.
9. Seeing, hearing and talking about Obama everywhere - an entry to come.
10. Shopping in 2 of my favorite French stores Celio and FNAC!

2 comments:

Corn Dog said...

What wonderful photos. I love the little church. It feels like home in the photo. Celio looks like a great place to shop. I'm so glad you had a good time.

Monte said...

It is a great church. Should have gotten a good shot of the interior too! Loved Celio as usual...but unfortunatly way too pricey with the Euro as strong - or the Dollar as weak - as they are.