Thursday, January 31, 2008

Save the World
Without Having to Save the Cheerleader
ONE HOUR FOR PEACE

nonviolence is organized love



We often - or at least I do - wonder if it's worth it, if I make a difference in the world, if things are really changing or if there is something deeper than what we see, smell and taste. The way in which I've most experienced the transcendant nature of the maker and realized that life is bigger than just me is through community and joint action. One of my favorite ways of living this out and living into it is this fun monthly gathering for peace in the Dimond District. Hope you can come!

We have enjoyed spending an hour with our neighbors,and building
community, if you've never been, we encourage you stop by. We light candles and hold signs that express our hopes for peace in Oakland and the world. Bring a sign if you like, but you don't need to because we have extras. Just bring yourself,your friends and just in case you were wondering, yes, four legged companions are welcomed. When: Fri. Feb. 1, 2007 at 7 PM (the 1st of EVERY month) Where: Oakland, Corner of MacArthur & Lincoln ("Peace Park"--a small park across from 7-11) This is something we've been doing the first of the month every month since January 1, 2005. We always have fun and it's great to make new friends in the community. For more information, call Molly Kenefick at 510-530-3099 or 510-504-2003 (cell) or Paws & Claws (510)336-0105. Feel free to forward this to anyone you think might be interested.

"I am only one; but still I am one.
I cannot do everything,
but still I
can do something.
I will not refuse to do the something I can do."
--Helen Keller

No comments: