Sunday, January 27, 2008

NEW PLAYMOBIL TOYS
how long till christmas?

OK - If you didn't know it I'm an addict of Playmobil toys. I regularly buy them for my kids, but they're actually for me. I received my monthly e-update yesterday (yes - I'm a subscriber) regarding new toys.
They're released some great dinosaur sets - drats! Christmas has come and gone so I don't have an excuse for buying them for myself, I mean my children. Here's some links if you want to see what the new sets are like.

I love Playmobil for my kids (and myself) because:

1. They're not tied into Disney, Barbie, or other mass-market toy companies, TV shows or Theme Parks.

2. They're well made. Unlike other toys they will last for more than a week.

3. They represent every day life and activities both today and in hisotry- mail carriers, police officers, camping sets, bakers, Roman soldiers, Vikings, and cool castles! - ok not Dinosaurs unless you live in Jurassic Park off the coast of Costa Rica

4. They're great for imaginary play, empowering kids to integrate imaginary play and every day life without being sucked into capitalistic marketing schemes.

Check out the new catalogue online HERE.

No comments: