Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Urban Ideations
A Podcast I've participated in

We've been talking and dialoguing about Communication a lot this past week. I've been participating with a friend Bruce Reyes-Chow in doing a monthly podcast talking about Christian Faith and Community from a more progressive point of view as well as urban life. We taped our most recent edition this past Sunday night in San Francisco, talking about American Christianity and the Myth of Being able to Raise a Perfect Child.

If you want to listen, or to sign-up for the podcast you can do so through Bruce's blogsite here...plus there's more info about the others in the recording and past/future editions.

Thanks to Bruce for sharing his gifts and resources in making this happen.

Let me know what you think by leaving a post on the monteskewed blog.

2 comments:

Corn Dog said...

I thoroughly enjoyed the podcast. Bruce is a wonderful moderator. Good format. Short segments. Held my attention. My favorite segment, even though I don't have children, was the "Raising the Perfect Child" segment. Some "laugh out loud" moments in that one. I like the different perspectives. I did not sign up for subscription. Perhaps you will post a notice when the next one is coming up. Oh, the ambient noise of children and birds was marvelous.

Monte said...

Thanks Corn Dog...it got a bit crazy when we recorded the podcast with 4 girls under 6 years of age running around us in the cafe.

We're figuring it all out. Bruce Reyes-Chow is the one "in charge"...we've set a tentative schedule for recording a podcast once a month, usually on the 2nd or 3rd Sunday night. I'll post a indication about how and where to find each podcast as they come out.

Monte