Monday, June 11, 2007

An Extra Indigo Gift

OK - I'm losing it. Actually lost it a long time ago. I'm thinking today about the events of this 8th day celebration - the Lord's Day - what it means and how resurrection serves as the principal metannarative in my life and worldview. (you might of had to be at church this morning for my stream of consciousness to make sense)...anyway thinking about the immigration issues, fights, impasse and possibilties that lay before us at the moment...I'm reminded of the psalmists saying repeatedly that the God testified of in the Bible is the God of the orphan, the widow and the foreigner or immigrant....makes me think of this Indigo Girls song, Shame on You...some great poetry about the irony of our anti-immigration stances when we live in a country of immigrants.

No comments: