Wednesday, November 28, 2007

News Flash
Pastors often succumb to job burnout
because of stress & low pay
Nearly 50% consider the work hazardous
to health & well-being


I received a great article in my email today. Too late to include in our church newsletter for this month, but worth the try. I'm laughing as I write this and dream of an appropriate picture for this entry. But it does make you wonder...if those working full-time in the ministry are so miserable (myself included from time to time) what does that say about our church communities? If our leadership is so malcontent (and I doubt it's just pastors) what does that communicate to those outside the church community about the joy, peace and hope that following Jesus supposedly brings?

READ the article HERE - It's worth the read. Then publish it and share it with the members of the personnel committee of your faith community!

Catch you on monster.com! :)

1 comment:

Kristy said...

I think Monte should get a big raise.

-annonymous Fruitvale church member